Environmental Philosophy & Basic Policy
With the conservation of the environment recognized as one of the most important issues shared by humankind, the Tsubaki group recognizes the impact that its business activities, products, and services have on the environment. With this in mind, the group is actively promoting the development of eco-products in addition to undertaking efforts to reduce its environmental impact from a mid- to long-term perspective.
Basic Environmental Policy
Believing that the provision of environmentally friendly business operations, products, and services is linked to the success of our mission, the Tsubaki group undertakes environmental conservation activities as a top priority issue.
- Recognizing that environmental conservation is one of the most important issues shared by humankind, the Tsubaki group aims to consider the environment in all aspects of its business activities, and contribute to society through manufacturing.
- Basic Policy
- Recognizing the impact that our business activities, products, and services have on the environment, as a leading company we will take a creative approach to the reduction of our environmental impact from the perspective of environmental conservation.
- We will maintain an organization for environmental protection, operate an environmental management system, implement continuous improvements, and work to prevent pollution.
- We will observe environmental laws and rules and aim for smooth relations with our stakeholders.
- We will increase the environmental awareness of everyone who works for the Tsubaki Group through environmental education, internal communications, and other measures.
To clearly demonstrate our corporate social responsibility to reduce CO2 emissions, which is a significant component of our environmental initiatives, the Tsubaki Group maintains the following long-term objective:
- Long-term Objective
- Reduce CO2 emissions by 15% by FYE 2021 (Base year: FYE 2006)
With this outlook in mind, the Tsubaki Group has set short-term challenges and is united in its efforts to reduce CO2 emissions.
- Promotion System
- At the Tsubaki Group, environmental management is promoted by the Tsubaki Group Environmental Committee under the control of the president of Tsubakimoto Chain. The committee is chaired by the CSR Advancement Center Manager and staffed by plant managers, division managers, and representatives from Tsubaki Group companies. It addresses the group's environmental challenges from a mid- to long-term perspective.