- Conveyor Chains for Specific Applications
Waste Treatment Conveyor Chains
List of Series
|Conveyor types for each treatment process||Series code||Features required for each process|
|Wear resistance||Corrosion resistance||Good articulation||Good roller rotation|
|Fly ash conveyor||Normal||FG||Suitable||-||Ideal||Suitable|
- Each series has features suited to the different waste treatment processes.
- KA and AA Series are stronger (double the tensile strength) versions of the KG, AG, and AM Series.
1. Features of Each Series
- KG/KA Series for intake/feed conveyors
- Intake/feed conveyors is the first line for collected waste conveyance. Often subject to heavy loads, depending on the waste.
- Heavy conveyed loads and impacts cause the apron to buckle, which promotes heavy wear between rollers and bushes, while dust and so on attaches to the chain and causes poor roller rotation.
- KG/KA Series focus on providing good bush - roller wear resistance and resistance against poor roller rotation.
- AG/AA Series for ash (dry) conveyors
- Conveys ash cooled by water after incineration. As this equipment conveys ash that has had some of its water content removed, the ash may stick to the chain itself depending on conveyance conditions.
- As this ash sticks to the chain, it causes articulation and roller rotation problems.
- AG/AA Series focuses on providing good chain articulation and resistance against poor roller rotation.
- AM/AP Series for ash (wet) conveyors
- Directly conveys incinerator ash as it falls into water to be cooled, so the majority of the conveyor is underwater.
- AM/AP Series focuses on added corrosion resistance.
- FG Series for fly ash (general) conveyors
- Conveys fly ash from the incinerator or boiler.
- This fly ash may stick to the chain itself, causing articulation and roller rotation problems.
- FG Series focuses on resistance against articulation and roller rotation problems.
- FP Series for fly ash (corrosive) conveyors
- Slaked lime is often added to fly ash conveyors before the bag filter to cool down, which may create a corrosive environment for the chain.
- FP Series focuses on added corrosion resistance for (general) fly ash conveyors.
- YP Series for slag conveyors
- Used on conveyors carrying slag from the melting furnace. Water granulated slag turns sand-like and gets into the chain clearances, causing severe bush and roller wear. Part of the chain also passes through water.
- The slag turns the water highly alkaline or acidic, which can severely corrode the chain as well.
- YP Series focuses on providing wear and corrosion resistance.
2. Model Numbering Example
- (1) Chain size
- (2) Roller type
- (3) Chain series
- (4) Attachment spacing
- (5) Attachment type