1-1. Compliance with Laws and Regulations
The Tsubaki Group, consisting of Tsubakimoto Chain Co. and its domestic subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively “Group”), recognizes the importance of protecting your personal information (“Personal Information”) as defined in the Act on the Protection of Personal Information of Japan (“APPI”) and other applicable laws and regulations relating to your Personal Information. The Group adopts practices generally accepted as fair and appropriate for the processing of your Personal Information.
1-2. Employee Education
The Group establishes clear rules regarding the processing of your Personal Information and makes every effort to ensure that all employees of the Group (including executives, part‐time workers and contingent workers) properly process your Personal Information.
1-3. Collection and Process
The Group obtains your Personal Information in an appropriate manner and processes it only for the purposes as set forth in Article 1-4.
1-4. Purposes of Processing
The Group processes your Personal Information it obtains only for the following purposes. The Group may change the purposes of processing in accordance with the applicable laws and regulations. In the event of the changes, the Group will provide you with notice of the changes either by email, on this website or by any other appropriate means.
- Manufacture of products (including software), production, sales, installation, repair and inspection, after-sales service, maintenance, construction, product development, as well as other services provided by the Group (including outsourcing to carry out any of the above);
- Announcements of products and services (including direct mails and email magazine distributions), PR activities, exhibitions, seminars, events and campaign information;
- Questionnaire surveys, data collection and analyses;
- Responding to inquiries and sending information (including documents);
- Procedures for the exercise of shareholders’ rights;
- Procedures for the recruitment of employees (including internships); and
- Matters pertaining to the implementation of any of (i) through (vi) above.
1-5. Safe Management
The Group takes necessary steps to prevent unauthorized access, loss, destruction, alteration and leakage of your Personal Information, and endeavors to ensure the safe management of your Personal Information. The Group strives to continuously review its processing of your Personal Information.
1-6. Provision to Third Parties
The Group will not provide your Personal Information to any third party except in the following cases:
- You give consent;
- Provision of your Personal Information is made in a manner in which you cannot be identified, such as statistical data;
- Your Personal Information is provided to outsourcing contractors that facilitate the operations of the Group. In such an event, the Group will execute an agreement with such outsourcing contractors for the processing of your Personal Information and will conduct supervision of such outsourcing contractors as deemed appropriate;
- Your Personal Information is provided as a result of the succession of business in a merger or otherwise;
- Provision of your Personal Information is required under laws and regulations;
- Provision is necessary for the protection of human life, human body or property and it is difficult to obtain your consent;
- The Group is required to cooperate with national or local public authorities in pursuing their public duties and when obtaining your consent may impede the execution of such duties;
- Article 1-7 or 1-8 applies; and
- Provision of your Personal Information is permitted by the applicable laws and regulations.
The Group may share your Personal Information, if and to the extent necessary for the purposes as described in Article 1-4, in accordance with the following.
- Items of your Personal Information to be shared:
Name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, affiliation, department, position, etc.
Information relating to negotiation and transaction with any member of the Group, participation in exhibitions, etc.
- Members which share your Personal Information:
Members of the Group
Member’s sales agents and distributors in charge of the customer
- Purpose of sharing:
As described in Article 1-4
- Member of the Group responsible for the management of your Personal Information:
The member of the Group that has first obtained your Personal Information
1-8. Request of Disclosure, Correction, etc.
In the event that, with regard to your Personal Information, you request the Group to: (i) notify the purposes of processing; or (ii) disclose, correct, add, suspend processing of or delete your Personal Information, the Group will respond to such request to the extent required by the applicable laws and regulations or the Group deems reasonable, after the Group confirms your identity.
1-9. Revision of Policy
The Group receives your inquiries regarding processing of your Personal Information through the “Contact” page.
(Personal Information/Data Collected on the Websites)
2-1. Group Websites
2-2. Personal Information/Data Obtained through Websites
The Group obtains your Personal Information/Data, both directly when you provide it and automatically while you visit the Websites as follows.
- Personal Information/Data you provide
The Group obtains your Personal Information/Data, such as your name, email address, physical address and telephone number, through a contact form or any other form on the Websites.
- Personal Information/Data collected automatically
2-3. Purposes of Processing
- The Group processes your Personal Information/Data entered on the contact form or any other form on the Websites for the purpose of: (i) responding to your requests or inquiries; (ii) providing you with services associated with the circumstances under which you provided the Personal Information/Data; or (iii) developing and improving products or services of the Group.
- The Group processes your Personal Information/Data automatically collected through cookies, web analytics services and other technologies for the purpose of facilitating your use of the Websites, analyzing usage by visitors, improving user experience and delivering better services.
2-4. Transfer to Overseas Affiliates
The Group conducts business activities globally. In order to better respond to inquiries received through the Websites, the Group may transfer such inquiries, including your Personal Information/Data, to affiliates of the Group outside Japan ("Overseas Affiliates"). In such an event, the Group will take necessary measures to protect your Personal Information/Data in accordance with the applicable laws and regulations of the countries where the Overseas Affiliates are located and the privacy policies of the Overseas Affiliates. Concerning the privacy policies of the Overseas Affiliates, please visit their respective websites.
2-5. Children’s Personal Information/Data
The Websites are not intended for use by children, and the Group will not knowingly collect Personal Information /Data from a child under the age of 16 without a parent’s or guardian’s prior consent.
Article 1-10 applies to your inquiries regarding processing of your Personal Information/Data.
2-7. Personal Data of the Data Subject in the EEA
The Group processes Personal Data of the data subject in the EEA (the European Economic Area: the EU member states and three states, Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway, as amended) which is obtained through the Websites (“EEA Personal Data”) in accordance with this Article 2-7 in addition to the provisions above.
(i) Legal Basis for Processing
The Group processes the EEA Personal Data on the legal basis of:
- the consent you have given freely, specifically, informed and unambiguously. You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on your consent before its withdrawal;
- necessity for the performance of a contract to which you are party or in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract;
- necessity for compliance with a legal obligation to which the Group is subject; and
- necessity for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Group, including introduction of new products.
(ii) Retention Period
The Group will retain your EEA Personal Data until you request its deletion or withdraw your consent for its storage or until the purpose for its storage no longer pertains (e.g. after fulfilling your request). Provided, however, that the Group may retain beyond the above period if any applicable laws and regulations require the Group to further retain the EEA Personal Data.
(iii) Transfer outside the EEA
Your EEA Personal Data will be transferred by the Group to the member of the Group or the Overseas Affiliates outside the EEA. If such transfer is made to such companies, outside the EEA, located in the countries which have not been deemed by the European Commission to provide an adequate level of data protection, such transfer will be subject to the contractual terms approved by the European Commission that impose data protection obligations directly on such companies.
(iv) Your Rights
You have the following rights:
- the right to obtain from the Group confirmation as to whether or not your EEA Personal Data is being processed, and, where that is the case, access to your EEA Personal Data and the information on its processing;
- the right to correct inaccuracy of your EEA Personal Data;
- the right to erase your EEA Personal Data;
- the right to restrict processing of your EEA Personal Data under certain conditions;
- the right to receive your EEA Personal Data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and transmit that data under certain conditions;
- the right to object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, to processing of your EEA Personal Data which is based on (d) of Article 2-7 (i); and
- any other rights under the GDPR.
If you would like to exercise any of the above rights, please email your request to .
Please also note that you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.