The Tsubaki Group, consisting of Tsubakimoto Chain Co. and its domestic subsidiaries and affiliates (hereinafter referred to as the "Group"), recognizes the importance of protecting personal information ( as defined in the Act on the Protection of Personal Information of Japan and its amendments, the same shall apply hereinafter) of its customers and stakeholders. The Group implements the following policy to protect personal information.
This policy applies to the handling of personal information by the Group in Japan. Concerning the privacy policies of overseas affiliates of the Group (hereinafter referred to as the "Overseas Affiliates"), please visit their respective websites.
1. Compliance with Laws and Regulations
In addition to complying with the Act on the Protection of Personal Information and relevant laws and regulations, the Group adopts practices generally accepted as fair and appropriate for the proper handling of personal information.
2. Employee Education
The Group establishes clear rules regarding the handling of personal information and makes every effort to ensure that all employees (executives, regular employees, contract employees, temporary employees, part-time employees, dispatched employees, etc.) properly handle the personal information.
3. Collection and Use
The Group obtains personal information in an appropriate manner and uses it only for the purpose of its intended use.
4. Purposes of Use
The Group uses personal information it obtains only for the following purposes. The Group may change the purposes of use within a scope the Group deems relevant to the original purposes of use. In such an event, the Group shall either notify the customers and/or stakeholders of or post the notification of changes on this website
Purposes of use include the following matters related to the activities of the Group:
- Manufacture of products (including software), production, sales, installation, repair and inspection, after-sales service, maintenance, construction, product development, as well as other services provided by the Group (including outsourcing to carry out any of the above);
- Announcements of products and services (including direct mails and e-mail magazine distributions), PR activities, exhibitions, seminars, events, and campaign information;
- Questionnaire surveys, data collection, and analyses;
- Responding to inquiries and sending information, including documents;
- Procedures for the exercise of shareholders' rights;
- Procedures for the recruitment of employees (including internships); and
- Matters pertaining to the implementation of (1) to (6) above.
5. Safe Management of Personal Information
The Group takes necessary steps to prevent unauthorized access, loss, destruction, alteration, and leakage of personal information, and endeavors to ensure the safe management of personal information. The Group will strive to continuously review and improve the handling of personal information.
6. Provision of Personal Information to Third Parties, and Management of Outsourcing Contractors
The Group shall not disclose or provide personal information to third parties except in the following cases:
- When a customer or a stakeholder gives his or her consent.
- When disclosure or provision of personal information is made in a manner in which an individual cannot be identified, e.g., statistical data.
- When personal information is provided to outsourcing contractors that facilitate the operations of the Group. In such an event, the Group shall execute an agreement with such outsourcing contractors for the handling of personal information and will conduct supervision of such outsourcing contractors as deemed appropriate.
- When personal information is provided as a result of the succession of business in a merger or otherwise.
- When disclosure or provision of personal information is required under laws and regulations.
- When disclosure is necessary for the protection of human life, human body or property and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the customer or the stakeholder
- When the Group is required to cooperate with national or local public authorities in pursuing their public duties and when obtaining the consent from the individual may impede the execution of such duties.
- When "7." or "8." hereunder applies.
- When disclosure or provision of personal information is recognized under the Act on the Protection of Personal Information.
7. Joint Use of Personal Information
The Group may share the personal information among the members of the Group, only if so required to fulfill the purpose of use as described in "4." hereinabove, in accordance with the following:
- Items of personal information to be shared:
Name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, affiliation and/or department, position, etc.
- Joint users:
Members of the Group and their sales agents and distributors.
- Purpose of joint use:
As described in "4." hereinabove.
- Member of the Group responsible for the management of personal information:
The member that has first obtained personal information.
8. Provision of the Personal Information to the Overseas Affiliates
The Group conducts business activities globally. In order to better respond to inquiries received through the Group's websites from overseas, the Group may transfer such inquiries, including personal information, to the Overseas Affiliates based in the countries or in the nearest countries where such inquiries originate so that the Overseas Affiliates can reply directly. In such an event, the Group shall take necessary measures to protect personal information in accordance with the applicable laws and regulations of the countries where the Overseas Affiliates are based and the privacy policies of the Overseas Affiliates.
9. Disclosure, Correction, etc., of Retained Personal Information
In the event that a customer or stakeholder makes a request to the Group for the notification of the purposes of use of the Group or to have their personal information retained by the Group (as set forth the Act on the Protection of Personal Information) disclosed, corrected, added, suspended from use or deleted, the Group will respond to such request within an extent the Group deems reasonable, as soon as the Group identifies the customer or stakeholder making such a request as the principal.
11. Revision of this Policy
Inquiries regarding the Protection of Personal Information of the Group:
Please submit any inquiries regarding the protection of personal information through the "Contact" page.